Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error Checking for Upgrades after Aborted (?) upgrade

Tensor

Total Posts:  7

I tried to upgrade my installation to version 1.1 by updating Mage_All_Latest in the downloader, but after a while nothing was happening and I refreshed the page even though I was getting a warning about a PEAR process being incomplete. I checked the admin page, and it said Magento 1.1.1 at the bottom, but apparently not everything had updated because there were no changes reflected in the frontend.

So I clicked “Check For Updates: and I received this error:

Warningin_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php on line 671

Backtrace
:

#0 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php(671): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'in_array(): Wro...', '/backup/hsphere...', 671, Array)
#1 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Remote.php(689): PEAR_REST_10->listLatestUpgrades('stable', false)
#2 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(285): PEAR_Command_Remote->doListUpgrades('http://connect....', 'stable', Array, 'connect.magento...', Object(Maged_Pear_Registry))
#3 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(228): PEAR_Command_Common->run('list-upgrades', Array, Array)
#4 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(94): Maged_Pear->run('list-upgrades', Array, Array)
#5 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/template/pear/packages.phtml(43): Maged_Model_Pear->getAllPackages('list-upgrades', Array)
#6 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/Maged/View.php(53): include('/backup/hsphere...')
#7 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(107): Maged_View->template()
#8 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(344): Maged_Controller->pearPackagesAction('pear/packages.p...')
#9 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(164): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#10 /backup/hsphere/local/home/code15clothing/code15clothing.com/downloader/index.php(29): Maged_Controller::run()
#11 {main}
After that, I clicked reinstall on each package individually, and it now appears that everything is updated to 1.1, but I’m still getting this error when I click check for updates.Any ideas what’s happened and if its fixable? Or is it worrying enough that I should start with a fresh 1.1 installation?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tensor

Total Posts:  7

A little more insight into my problem. I made the problem “go away” by modifying one line in 10.php:

function betterStates($state$include false)

{

static $states = array('snapshot''devel''alpha''beta''stable');

$i array_search($state$states);
        if (
$i === false{

return false//<------this line

}

if ($include{
            $i
--;

}

return array_slice($states$i 1);

}
Since the return of this function was going to the second argument in in_array (which expects an array), it was generating my error. So I’m guessing that $i==false isn’t supposed to be tripped in normal operation (or else the developers would have noticed this problem). I’d like to find out what value $state has, but I don’t know how I should go about doing that (any php debugging tips anyone?) I’ll probably also try to figure out where $state comes from (a bad database entry maybe?)

Oh, and to get rid of the error, I replace return false; with return array();

Magento Community
Magento Community

tunersedge

Total Posts:  16

Very interesting. I’m having the exact same problem. However, I’m not a very good php programmer, and haven’t gone this deep into the debug. Each time I see it frozen (5 min with no further installs), I refresh the page. Then I let it run magento-core/Mage_All_Latest again. Some new upgrades are registered, then it freezes again.

I’m not exactly sure what outcome your change is supposed to have, but I’m not seeing a difference. Still freezing up. I’m going to revert back to the original code and leave it be for now.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smokersroom

Total Posts:  63

Tensor’s fix worked for me!

Concerned that it should need to be edited, but hey. Not complaining.

S.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewporter

Total Posts:  14

Tensor,
Thanks for the info -worked for me as well - I now have one problem left - in system config I get the following message-
Warning: include(Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Source/Locale/Weekdays.php)
I have upgraded to 1.1.8 any ideas anyone.
I am on heart internet so do not have SSH access!
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community