Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UPS lookup server reliability

infield

Total Posts:  89
San Francisco

I have UPS shipping setup, not UPS XML just the anonymous lookup. Today UPS look up failed for an hour or so giving a “This shipping method is currently unavailable . . “ message.

It was tested by someone off site, I tested it on three browsers here, it was also tested on two different Magento instances. They all gave the error.  Now it’s back on everywhere.

Can anyone offer any insight to this?

Questions:

- Does this sound like a UPS server issue?

- is the ups rate server reliable ?

- Is the XML rate server more reliable?

Thanks,
-marc

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

infield

San Francisco

Looks like it is a bug that was introduced in 1.1.1 bug. FedEx doesn’t work either.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=2505

It says it’s fixed and in the trunk but I can’t find it in svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.1-trunk. I’m not much of an SVN person but it looks to me like it’s pretty much just 1.1.1 in there.

Anyone know where to look for it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

infield

San Francisco

Fixed in 1.1.2.

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community