Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Persian Support Site

Hadifarnoud

Total Posts:  210
Guildford, Surrey, UK

Hi
i wanna setup Magento Persian Support site , i have alot of question/request:

can i use magento name in url? sth like magentocommerce.ir
can i have magentocommerce theme? are you using Vbulletin ?
can i have Magento Groups? or at least tell me how you did that?
can you tell me how you built magentocommerce.com briefly? Forum,wiki,Groups,....
and if possible can i have magentocommerce.com code and make magento persian support site just like magentocommerce? or you make a subdomain on your site and i will translate whole site into persian.

final question,can i sell modified version of magento?( of course i will provide magento persian package )

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Here goes ...

can i use magento name in url? sth like magentocommerce.ir

Unfortunately this is not possible. Please refer to our trademark FAQ’s.

can i have magentocommerce theme? are you using Vbulletin ?

Hmmm… Not really. We are using a highly customized version of Expression Engine and have spent hundreds of hours to get to where we are today. Other (free) good alternatives can be Drupal and Joomla.

can i have Magento Groups? or at least tell me how you did that?

Groups is a customized module we developed. I believe Drupal has a free Groups module you can use (if you decide to go the Drupal route).

and if possible can i have magentocommerce.com code and make magento persian support site just like magentocommerce?

Unfortunately, we can’t do that.

or you make a subdomain on your site and i will translate whole site into persian.

Please contact AdiMagento, our community manager - we’d love to work on this.

final question,can i sell modified version of magento?( of course i will provide magento persian package )

You can sell Magento as long as you comply with the OSL license (which requires free distribution). It is common for companies to sell services around open source products rather than the products themselves.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community