Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Has anyone(which I am sure the answer is yes) integrated Magento with an ERP

rteague612

Total Posts:  48

If so, what were any troubles and pitfalls, or surprises that you encountered.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hiya,

thats a very wide ranging question!..

I havent done the integration yet, but my plan is to use the API to push/pull data from Magento.. Currently im just using the import/export tools to pump data around, its ok, but basic out of the box. You need to customize to get more things done..

The API looks promising, yet its brand new. I think they have done a pretty good job so far and will improve over time. So if your thinking of using magento as your commerce engine you will need to be patient.

There are still quite a few bugs coming through, but thats to be expected. SAP wasnt built in one day!
I think the biggest issue people have been having is lack of documentatioon. There is documentation, but its early days, and there are only a few working examples.. Again, patience is required.
Ive worked on SAP, and there is the opposite. The SAP Service portal has sooo much documentation you dont know where to start, and there is 20 different ways to do it!

have a look at the API Blog its got some feedback on what people have been experiencing..

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

EvanBrassart

Total Posts:  13
Dallas, Texas

I am currently using the API to integrate order flow into JDEdwards Peoplesoft ERP.  PM me if you have any questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community