Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

please recommend a good webhost in Malaysia or Singapore that speaks Magento

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

The store will serve SEA’s audiences, so I think maybe it’s more sensible to get a webhost there.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ladycooper

Total Posts:  3

I’m currently hosting my blog with Exabytes and so far so good.
May consider to have a try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I’m also interested in this. Exabytes seems to have good support. Mesra is cheap but their web site has not been updated for ages. cynetstudio has customizable plan, which is interesting if you do not like to pay more for what you do not need. What other hosts are there in Malaysia?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mafinsoft.com

Total Posts:  22

When you purchase Linux hosting from exabytes, you will have to request them for servers which are compatible with Magento.

Many of their Linux machines do not support PDO MySQL which is a requirement by Magento.

The drawback of Exabytes is you can’t upgrade your Magento installation using Magento connect. The only method is to use SSH. Even that there are some permission were not given related especially to the popen() php function.

So far I have installed a Magento installation using SSH on their Linux server but I will still have to request for the port to be opened.

My experience with Ipserverone and Server Freak is a lot better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@chinesedream, So have you settle on any webhost yet?  I have sign up with serverfreak.biz (supreme package) and I encountered the following:

- SSH is not a given, you’ll have to request it
- pdo_mysql was reported not to be installed, serverfreak said it’s installed and eventually fix it
- Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes), so serverfreak increased it to 64k, still far short of the recommended 128k for Magento

Edit
Magento Connect did not work for me: Exception caught: Warning: popen() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/mywebsite/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 247
Solution: Write a ticket to ServerFreak helpdesk. popen was enabled and problem solved.

Helpdesk is impeccable and response is fast. For speed, you can checkout the speed of the demo website http://magento-demo.serverfreak.com/ and my site malayakisses.com.

HTH.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community