Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Selling digital product

Kenn

Total Posts:  20

I am wondering if it’s possible for Magento to have feature to provide a link to download digital product just after the buyer has make the payment. Is that a feature available or modification needed? It will be great if this feature is included.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Support for virtual products is expected to be available soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DigiScrap

Total Posts:  1
Maryland

Will the virtual product downloads be by re-direct (Linux) or just direct?  Direct downloads are box killers on a busy site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexis Bellido

Total Posts:  2

Hey guys, any update on the status of the ‘selling digital products’ feature? I want to create a site for selling my ebooks and would like to use Magento for it smile

Regards!

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaroncampbell

Total Posts:  30

Any updates on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

I thought it was slated for sometime around the 1.1 release but I could be wrong.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

psylvia

Total Posts:  6
Orlando, Florida - USA

I downloaded and installed ver 1.1.6 yesterday and it includes virtual products when adding a new product however, I do not see how to configure the item where the customer would receive the link to download the item(s) or for us to upload the product if we had to do configure it that way.

I think it’s going to be a great feature once it’s active.

Quick side note: ver 1.16 has multiple bugs with files not being named properly and causing errors.  It’s easy enough to fix because Magento tells you the missing file name.  All you do is navigate to the folder and rename the file properly.  It’s very simple to fix!

Magento Community
Magento Community

THIRD_DIMENSION

Total Posts:  5

Now it is possible with our extension smilehttp://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/thirddimension/extension/5872/thirddimension_ebook

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaroncampbell

Total Posts:  30

Lol...that’s a pretty late reply.  As a developer I have long since given up on Magento, but at least I know this is there should the need ever arise.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community