Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

chmod desperate

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

Is there a way to set permissions without using SSH (not allowed by my host) and without FTP (takes FOR EVER with Filezilla-OSX. I don’t have days to wait around) so that I will be able to actually use Magento Connect? It seems like I’m pretty much screwed here…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Setting up permissions can be a pain.

I suggest Magento’ers go with a host that has PHP running on suPHP + suExec, as then you don’t really need to deal with any kinds of permission/chmods because the web scripts will just run off as your user,

It is also a lot more secure this way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

oddly enough, now everything is chmodded 777, but somehow in the process it created an error

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/stra2com/domains/straightdown2.com/public_html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 113

is there a way to get files from connect without using connect? i just want the latest modern theme and iphone theme. this seems like a rediculous length to go to just to get them.

at this point i think im going to give up on connect like i gave up on dataflow.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community