Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why: Skip import row, is not valid value ??? 

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

Hello there,

I got those error messages while importing a .csv, created with Magento:

# Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
# Found 12 rows
# Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse
# Skip import row, is not valid value “coolAttributeSet” for field “attribute_set”
# Skip import row, is not valid value “coolAttributeSet” for field “attribute_set”

Do I have to create first the attributesets by hand? `Why isn’t Magento exporting that? I looked up into the CSV - and no additional attribute set data is provided, so it’s logic that that error occurs. But how can I export with the additional attribute set data?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

I am assuming you are importing products.

Then yes, you have to create the attribute sets first when importing product.

For an attribute set, use the name of the attribute set that you want products associated with.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

Hi seudo,

thanks for your reply. That’s what I expected - and that’s not good :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

ownsecurity

Total Posts:  36
South of France

Hi agent Mo!

Have you find a way to import attribute set + attributes? I’m having the same problem as you and can’t afford to input attributes one by one…

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

I have started a thread about creating/importing attribute sets, attributes and attribute data.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/36443/

if you have answers to this thread can you post it there so we have a central location for these answers?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

i have a beta extension that is now working that uses magentos dataflow method to import all attributes and attribute_sets and attribute options via CSV file. If anyone is interested in testing this while its still in beta please email me at scottbolasevich@gmail.com or PM me here.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community