Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

is anyone offering free hosting for magento testing

replaya

Total Posts:  22

Im trying to install the tweakmag_shipping extension via connect but im getting an error.

/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 247.

i’ve read a few posts and its something to do with a function within the php.ini on the hosting server which i dont have permission to change. Ive seen in the past some hosting companies have offered free hosting for test purposes only. I was wondering if anyone is till offering that now.

thanks in advance smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Hi, SimpleHelix charges from $9.95 a month, with no minimum contract time. I would say that is pretty close! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

I don’t think anyone is still offering free hosting for Magento. I suggest you to go with paid plans as they are generally more secure. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boldbaber

Total Posts:  25

@ replaya this informative post may help you 5 Free Magento Hosting Services

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simple Servers

Total Posts:  45
Birmingham UK

Very old bumping however would like to just mention that we are offering one month hosting for £1. Some well built sites on our shared servers have pingdom page loads of under 3 seconds.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laikaspot

Total Posts:  30

Well, free option for magento just take your time and effort, it will not work anyway. You can check people talk about free magento hosting here http://magentoexpertforum.com/showthread.php/10263-Free-magento-hosting-Does-it-work

Magento Community
Magento Community

Emmet1

Total Posts:  24

You should find a good magento hosting for your work. You can see it here: Top 5 affordadble Magento hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

diegogodin

Total Posts:  37

Emmet1 - 21 August 2013 10:38 PM

You should find a good magento hosting for your work. You can see it here: Top 5 affordadble Magento hosting

Free Magento hosting will not work because magento requires strong hardware resources. I think you may take a look at such review to get an affordable magento hosting for developerment/testing

Magento Community
Magento Community

laikaspot

Total Posts:  30

When I try to look at “free magento hosting” from search, I see this dicussion http://magentoexpertforum.com/showthread.php/10263-Free-magento-hosting-Does-it-work. They are talking a lot about free magento hosting and the summary is we shouldn’t use it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community