Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Alert System

jnorton01

Total Posts:  49

Hello,

Busy ecommerce sites need a way of checking if carts are being processed and if carts are not being processed an alert (email, sms) should be sent to an administrator. By doing this the admin could then check the cart and payment pages to identify any problems i.e. server time outs, DOS attacks etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for the feedback. There are great services that provide this already (3rd parties) such as pingdom, tealeaf, gomez, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rolly

Total Posts:  6
Bristol, UK

I think a distinction needs to be made in respect of alerting services that ping the server to make sure it is working and alert services that monitor order activity and send out alerts if, say, a specific number of orders/open baskets have not been made in a specified period of time. It is my understanding that the services that Roy refers to only deal with basic pinging of the server. I would have thought that there would be security issues of allowing a third-party to monitor back-end order activity? Doesn’t this sort of alert require a module to be written or is there a third-party service that can be used that does not compromise security?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community