Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

upgrade to 1.1.1

Delicious Webdesign

Total Posts:  6

Believe I must be overlooking something obvious as this cant be as hard as im finding it, wanting to upgrade the version i installed last week (no production data) and found these instructions below

* Do NOT use your live or production site. We suggest making a copy of your site and upgrading that copy first.
* Select the ‘Setting’ tab.
* Change the Preferred State to ‘Stable’, and save settings.
* For the Mage_All_Latest package select upgrade.
* Click on the ‘Commit Changes’ button. The upgrade should start.
* After upgrade is complete click on the ‘Refresh’ button.
* You should now have Magento 1.1 installed.

Have spent ages trying to work out what / where is the Magento Connect Manager ( I see there is a tab called magento connect at the top of this page) and in my admin panel there is a option system > magento connect (manage extensions errors for me) when selected

But then I stumbled on the extension magento connect manager that I assume I need to complete the upgrade
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/119/magento-downloader
but how exactly do I install this ?
I have the extension key magento-core/Mage_Downloader

and the instruction
An Extension Key is a string that should be pasted in your MagentoConnect? Downloader, under “Install New Extensions”, step 2.

Don’t forget to select the “Install” button right next to the field where you pasted this key.

but cant even find this !

am I missing something here ?
any help most appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

boardwalk

Total Posts:  23
Cornwall, UK

Hi There,

If you have SSH access and have no production data then I found it easiest to do a fresh install from command line.

have a look here : http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/installing_magento_via_shell_ssh

Just change the wget http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/1.0/magento-1.0.tar.gz to

wget http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/1.1.1/magento-1.1.1.tar.gz

Although I think you could use the 1.0 version and then update either using the Magento connect or from command line using Pear.

Once you have gone through the steps on the link then you will be able to continue the installation in a browser.

Hope this helps.

Boardwalk Surf Shop

Magento Community
Magento Community

infield

Total Posts:  89
San Francisco

In one case my magento connect didn’t show the 1.1.1 upgrades. I reinstalled magento_connect ( reinstall the package within magento connect) and they showed up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wmike

Total Posts:  29

I have the same problem. The only options available are pictured here (see attached jpg).
How do I upgrade to 1.1 (or 1.1.1) from here? The instruction doesn’t talk about this case. Any clue?
I can’t easily install/uninstall magento because I’m on shared server and they use automated install through “simple scripts” and the only version they have is 1.0.19870...and they don’t provide any support for magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Delicious Webdesign

infield - 29 July 2008 08:24 AM

In one case my magento connect didn’t show the 1.1.1 upgrades. I reinstalled magento_connect ( reinstall the package within magento connect) and they showed up.

thanks but I dont have magento connect manager or dont know how to install it, sorry but can you give me idiot proof instructions as spent so long on this already

Magento Community
Magento Community

celticshaman

Total Posts:  1

Delicious Webdesign - 29 July 2008 05:15 PM

thanks but I dont have magento connect manager or dont know how to install it, sorry but can you give me idiot proof instructions as spent so long on this already

You need to be logged in to your back end. At the top of the page there should be a menu bar. The very last item on the bar is ‘system’. Hover your curser over it. Go to ‘magento connect’ on the drop down menu, then click on ‘magento connect manager’.

Hope this helps. I’m dyslexic, so I understand the need for idiot proof instructions wink I’ve only just installed magento. When I got the message about the upgrade I spent ages trying to get it, before realizing it was the version I downloaded last night.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Delicious Webdesign

celticshaman - 30 July 2008 05:21 AM

Delicious Webdesign - 29 July 2008 05:15 PM

You need to be logged in to your back end. At the top of the page there should be a menu bar. The very last item on the bar is ‘system’. Hover your curser over it. Go to ‘magento connect’ on the drop down menu, then click on ‘magento connect manager’.

Hope this helps. I’m dyslexic, so I understand the need for idiot proof instructions wink I’ve only just installed magento. When I got the message about the upgrade I spent ages trying to get it, before realizing it was the version I downloaded last night.

thanks but when I go to magneto connect (from the system menu) i only have the options of manage extensions and package extensions, is there something I am doing wrong ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smallblock

Total Posts:  24

Select Manage Extensions then start at step 2 of your original instructions.

* Do NOT use your live or production site. We suggest making a copy of your site and upgrading that copy first.

Almost there.

Zach

Magento Community
Magento Community

Delicious Webdesign

Smallblock - 30 July 2008 07:26 AM

Select Manage Extensions then start at step 2 of your original instructions.

Almost there.

Zach

Zach thanks but thats where I get an error and googling this error hasnt helped me

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Warning: Maged_View::include(/home/adultgui/public_html/magento/downloader/template/exception.phtml) [<a href=’function.Maged-View-include’>function.Maged-View-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/View.php on line 53’ in /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php:244 Stack trace: #0 /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/View.php(53): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘Maged_View::inc...’, ‘/home/adultgui/...’, 53, Array) #1 /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/View.php(53): Maged_View::template() #2 /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(149): Maged_View->template(’exception.phtml’) #3 /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/downloader/index.php(29): Maged_Controller::run() #4 {main} thrown in /home/adultgui/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 244

Magento Community
Magento Community

Delicious Webdesign

I didnt have any production data so I simply uploaded the new 1.1.1 files and now seems all in order

Thanks for your help chaps

Magento Community
Magento Community

wmike

Total Posts:  29

Zach,

you said “almost there”....
the problem is I don’t see the option for

For the Mage_All_Latest package select upgrade.

look at the picture in my previous post ...that’s all I have, so where is the Mage_All_Latest package?

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsegatto

Total Posts:  48
Brazil

wmike - 30 July 2008 04:58 PM

so where is the Mage_All_Latest package?

I managed to install this package using the following key: “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest”

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community