Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

photoshop-file of the default theme? 

larpo

Total Posts:  2

Hello Community an Magento-Team!

Are the editible images (photoshop?) of the default theme also available?

Best regards from Germany,
Larpo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

I think i read somewhere else that varien have not released the photoshop images because

1) it is an example theme
2) it is Variens copyright (as opposed to part of the open source license)

Don’t quote me on those reasons, I could be wrong just going from memory

Magento Community
Magento Community

larpo

Total Posts:  2

Hey golles,

thanks for your reply.

Altough it’s an example theme, why shouldn’t we use it, because it’s look nice (in contrast to the xt-commerce/os-commerce demo-theme wink)?

Maybe someone from Varien could reply here in the community, please? I can’t image that we aren’t allowed to use the original theme and e.g. only change the logo in the header.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Hello larpo,

golles is right, and for your information, this has already been commented from Varien: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6619/

“Hello everyone-

The Magento team has no plans to release the PSDs used in creating the demo for public use. Demo stores were created for exactly that purpose - to be used as a demo to show what is possible with Magento. Designs for the demo stores were made simply to create a visual likeness of a possible store and were not created in place of facade for individual live Magento stores.
p.s. @JLHC: Your suspicion is correct- Our PSDs are not what you’d normally envision. The designer involved in the demo stores is actually in charge of initial markups and CSS as well (to create no gap in the two steps), therefore there’s no one solid PSD for each page.”

So like it or not, this is the way it is. wink

Grüsse nach Deutschland.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community