Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Send customers birthday, anniversary reminders…

nirz

Total Posts:  2

Is it possible to have a member’s/client’s profile area in which members/clients can enter various birthdays, anniversaries, etc and receive an email reminder 3 weeks prior to the event? For instance, can customer A create a profile and have the ability to enter birthdays of her kids, anniversary of her friends’ marriage, valentines day reminder and be sent a reminder email 2-3 weeks prior to the event?

If the answer to the above question is “Yes”, can the owner of the website have access to the customer’s profile information, and be able to pull reports on anniversaries, birthdays, etc - regions - and member’s information?

If the answer is “No”, I would be grateful if you could tell me what program or system may be able to do this (I know this part of the question is beyond the scope of the help that this forum may provide).

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

R22B

Total Posts:  76

This would be great.  Have it so they could enter their birthday and then a week from their birthday, they get an email with a coupon or something. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nirz

Total Posts:  2

@ victim of 1.1.1:
Thanks for the reply, Victim. That is one option that could be done with the customer’s email address and dob (Date Of Birth) , but what I was thinking was the customer herself allowed to put in on a calendar within Magento (or whatever) dob and anniversaries of her friends, neighbors, parents, kids. So, two weeks prior to the said date, she gets a reminder about the anniversary/birthday/graduation.

Now why is this important? This is great for shopkeepers who have shops that sell gifts online. Say I have a shop that sells gift items (customized mugs, shirts, pens, toys, flowers-whatnots). I let my customers create a profile and input dob’s and other dates of their friends and relatives. Two weeks prior to the date, my customer gets an email from me saying. “Hello, Ms. Frizzle. Your son in law is getting married again. We have a special on a blow up doll. Here’s an additional 10% off coupon for you.” She gets the email and comes mousing over to my store to make another purchase. She wins, I win, her son in law wins!

This is the functionality I am looking for in an e-commerce application. Is Magento capable of this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@nirz, as mentioned many times before on this forum, Magento is provided as open source. The functionality you are inquiring above is possible to achieve using Magento but will require code customization. This is not available out of the box with the basic installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community