Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hi Malaysian, Please Introduce Yourself. 

romanceculture

Total Posts:  5

Hi guys,

this is Vinh from your local lingerie shop =D

We’re considering switching to magento in the very near future to support our international expansion. For now it looks pretty neat, though like a lot of work as well (rewrite of the payment gateway for ipay88, finding faster servers for the extremely slow magento,....).

How are your experiences so far with magento and what payment gateway you guys use?

Cheers,
Vinh
https://www.romanceculture.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TriZon

Total Posts:  1

Hi guys, im Don from Cheras, im still trying to install Magento. Got problem in instalation.. can anybody help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

TriZon - 10 December 2008 12:51 AM

Hi guys, im Don from Cheras, im still trying to install Magento. Got problem in instalation.. can anybody help?

Sure. What is your issue? I may be able to help you out. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mie

Hi guys,
I’m Mie from Penang.
Nice to know you all here..
Anyway, just installed Magento & still exploring..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mafinsoft.com

Total Posts:  22

Hi Mie. welcome on board. Have fun fiddling with magento and hopefully it will make your more money this year =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladycooper

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

I’m popoyan from Penang.
Browsing internet for some e-commerce software and found Magento.
Looks like the installation are not easy from all your feedback

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hello All

My name is kiat. I’m developing a Magento e-shop in my Cheras office. I’m now almost finish, just need to fix the payment gateways / methods. 

Bye.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevewong

Hi Fellow Malaysia, greeting from Steve here.

Currently I’m running a website using Zen-cart, unfortunately zen-cart doesn’t meet my requirement. Thinking to migrate it to Magento....but magento seems to be a lot more difficult to set up, what do you think? Any e-commerce websites from Malaysian?

kiatng - 03 February 2009 01:15 AM

Hello All

My name is kiat. I’m developing a Magento e-shop in my Cheras office. I’m now almost finish, just need to fix the payment gateways / methods. 

Bye.

Hi Kiat, waiting for your release ya?

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@stevewong

Checkout malayakisses.com.  You were right about the difficult part. But not that difficult until someone like me without any background in HTML, PHP, JS, XML, etc, to set up and run. That is, I didn’t have those knowledge when I started. But now I am hired to do consulting work on Magento.  You can say that you are not the only one thinking of starting or migrating to the best open-source e-com cart on this planet.  When you have questions or face problems, there are vast amount of resources to help you.  Just check out the Resources tab on the top menu on this page. But not only here, you can google the WWW on solutions to your Magento problems and you’ll see what I mean.

Welcome to the Magento community!

PS. I’ve been thinking for a while now to do something like Magento Day in KL. Magento Day is a bit more structured, if not that then an unstructured format like a Magento Meetup or something. Is that a good idea?  Which would you prefer?  Structured means that we would have guest speakers such as Hosting Company, Payment Gateway Providers, Courier Service Company, Magento Developers, etc. giving an alloted time (TED-style15 mins?) to give a talk in a controlled environment. Unstructured means mamak style meetup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

autumn ng

Total Posts:  2
Penang, MY

Hi all, nice to know there is a forum corner special for Malaysian.

Magento Community
Magento Community

autumn ng

Total Posts:  2
Penang, MY

Already try to run magento at exabytes & server freak, overall exabytes server a bit better in term of loading speed. I’m still searching for the best Magento optimization server located at Malaysia & yet can’t find any. To Malcolm, is nice to talk to you over the phone that day & thank you again for the nice ipay88 gateway intergated jobs.  LOL

Magento Community
Magento Community

wgn_white

Hi…

I am so new in ecommerce, needless to say magento.

I found out it so neat, and look very good even on default skin.

Now I’m wondering where should I start…

Friends, my need is…

Paypal, international or local… currency will be USD…
Local m2u,cimbclicks, etc… local bank… ==>Is it using this? https://webcash.com.my/

I saw one site, http://malayakisses.com/ .
I tried fake order one… (Sorry owner, but I didnot complete the checkout.) to see how the checkout done…

I think I want the same like that…

Oh ya… mine just version community… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

adhadimohd

Hi. APa khabar? its good to know there is a localised forum for malaysian.

I am still new in magento. I’ve just installled it and looking forward to purchase the official guide… if you know any good resources for magento, I really appreciate if you share!

terima kasih!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dum dum

Total Posts:  22

Hi, i’m from kl, just started with magento, hope we can share our knowlegde

Magento Community
Magento Community

machine

Total Posts:  10

Hello Malaysian,

I’m pretty much new to magento, but i’m a web designer, have been checking out magento for quite some time now & finally integrated one for my client.
I’m glad to see many Malaysian embraced Magento platform.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community