Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Hi Malaysian, Please Introduce Yourself. 

Kenn

Total Posts:  20

Hi All, My name is Kenneth, Hope to see Malaysian here ore often, Please introduce yourself and grow this community.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jai

Total Posts:  5

Hi,
My name is Jai from Shah Alam. Hope to see the Magento Commerce working live in Malaysia market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kenn

Hi Jai,

Welcome, nice to meet you here. Hope we can keep this thread helpful for Malaysia friends.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nimal_ds

Total Posts:  1

Hi guys! My name is Nimal, and i’m quite excited about this new ecommerce platform. Everything looks super cool..but the dissapointing part is lack of support for merchant gateways like 2checkout or WorldPay. I think those are very popular here in asia, especially here in Malaysia. If not for that, i would have certainly deployed magento and even recommended it to my friends.

Read through the forums, and it looks promising, as it looks like they are in the midst of solving this problem. Until then though, i think other open source ecommerce solutions (like the so hard to customize osCommerce) will continue to be used…

Magento Community
Magento Community

skyjuice7

Total Posts:  4

hi just notice this os ecommerce , currently still exploring this great software smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

yewjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

hey people. Have been experimenting Magentocommerce since its launch and its just a great open source e-commerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emza

Total Posts:  2
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Hi, I’m Elly from PJ. Still exploring Magento and loving it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lobo

Halo, i am in pj. trying to use this software. look nice but having installation problem.  cool mad Useless.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emza

Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Hi Lobo,

I was lucky coz a friend helped me install it and provided temporary hosting for me to try it. He too had problems installing it at first, but managed to rectify it within a day or two. Going through the forums helped a lot.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yewjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi People!

I am from KL and have explored Magento for the last couple of months. Currently trying on the upgraded & latest version on different kinds of server. It works differently on different kinds of hosted servers.

As for payment gateways I think we should look for something that is closer to home like ipay88.com - a little costly with the set up fee and monthly maintenance fee (but I believe we can waive all these if enough users are using them) but at least there isn’t any transfer fee when wanting to withdraw cash / no currency exchange commissions / etc.

Any how for those who has any problems with installations, we could create our own thread here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shrimphead

Total Posts:  11

hi Guys,

This is shrimphead from KL, Malaysia.
Have been Developing a storefront that is using Magento.
Release soon!
Watch out!

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DJ Kaspa

Total Posts:  9
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Magento certainly seems set to become the Wordpress of shopping-carts, especially once the community starts to develop additional modules in the same way they have with Wordpress.  It’s wonderful to see fellow Malaysians here in the forum and would love to hear from anyone who may have an interesting portfolio of designs to show us… grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

DJ Kaspa

Total Posts:  9
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We are Malaysian web designers (<a href="http://ni-limits.com">http://ni-limits.com</a>) having VERY little luck actually integrating Magento with any of the payment or shipping services and are wondering if this is because of Magento or because we are Malaysian?

Has anyone managed to integrate this with UPS, FedEx, DHL, PayPal Express or PayPal Standard...?

Magento Community
Magento Community

yewjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

nimal_ds - 20 January 2008 09:22 PM

Hi guys! My name is Nimal, and i’m quite excited about this new ecommerce platform. Everything looks super cool..but the dissapointing part is lack of support for merchant gateways like 2checkout or WorldPay. I think those are very popular here in asia, especially here in Malaysia. If not for that, i would have certainly deployed magento and even recommended it to my friends.

Read through the forums, and it looks promising, as it looks like they are in the midst of solving this problem. Until then though, i think other open source ecommerce solutions (like the so hard to customize osCommerce) will continue to be used…

Why not use PAYPAL - tested on it and it works beautifully as a Malaysian user. I think it is the best option for MAGENTO users unless you have your own payment gateway.

All the best.

Magento Community
Magento Community

apad

Total Posts:  1
Kuala Lumpur

Hi I am apad, from KL. Currently exploring this Magento things..
I am a 100% full-time Freelancer

Magento Community
Magento Community

samho

Total Posts:  10

hi.. i am sam… nice to see you guys here.... me also exploring the magento.....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4