Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Do I Modify Notifications

dwdonline

Total Posts:  56
Playa del Rey

Hi,

I am using magento for a specialized site that is basically the same for a few different sites. I want to be able to make use of the new Notifications feature in 1.1.1. I want to be able to put notifications in the stores so when site owners log-in, they can see something from me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Yo, I’m developing a solution for this, though I’m currently trying to figure out why the notifications won’t update? Says the last update occurred at the 1 of January 1970, which probably means that there has been no attempts to update it at all. My question is, how can I be sure that it’s even trying to update?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Bockbertil - 08 August 2008 03:50 AM

Yo, I’m developing a solution for this, though I’m currently trying to figure out why the notifications won’t update? Says the last update occurred at the 1 of January 1970, which probably means that there has been no attempts to update it at all. My question is, how can I be sure that it’s even trying to update?

January 1, 1970 is time zero in terms of a Unix timestamp - which most likely means that yes, there hasn’t been an update (reading null or zero from the database for the update field)
(That’s all I have to contribute, I’m not sure about testing if it updates other than perhaps checking out the database).

Magento Community
Magento Community

dwdonline

Total Posts:  56
Playa del Rey

Any Headway on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community