Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do i reuse categories in frontend? 

sonowiam

Total Posts:  20

Using 1.1 and i want to show the same category in several places in the frontend navigation, kind of a “category-shortcut”. Example: Having a category called bluetooth-headsets and assigns all bluetooth-headsets to it. This category would be nice to have as a shortcut under many categories like mobilephone-accessories, playstation-accessories, Bluetoothproducts etc. Can i find this standard? Upcomming as standard? Possible to achieve manually by editing some db id´s? I know i can assign each product to several categories which is great, but that demands more work than category-shortcuting as described above.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ramedia

Total Posts:  70

Bump.  I can’t find a way to assign a category to multiple parent categories either.  This feature is pretty standard in most carts.  I did find you can change the categories parent, after the fact, by dragging it in the folder tree.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community