Magento Forum

Google Checkout Error

Dossey02

Total Posts:  14

Hello All,

I am getting the following error when I test Google Checkout:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllowedMethods() on a non-object in /home/mcdaniel/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleCheckout/Model/Api/Xml/Checkout.php on line 318

I know Google Checkout used to work and I haven’t made any changes, that I know of, to the Checkout.php file.  Can anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Smallblock

Total Posts:  24

I don’t know how much this will help, but may give you a start of where to look.

The error means it’s having trouble tracking down your shipping method to send the information to Google, have you made changes there recently? Did you define your shipping methods within the area in the Admin under System -> Configuration -> (Sales Section) Google API -> Google Checkout Shipping - Merchant Calculated…

Those directions could be a little confusing, so to get there you’d log into the Admin, click System and use the dropdown menu to go to Configuration. Within Configuration there’s a Sales section which includes the Google API option. Click that and then towards the bottom there’s three sections to set up your shipping for Google Checkout. Merchant Calculated is where the error is coming in, so I’d guess something isn’t set up right there. But basically use those three options to configure your shipping just as you have it in your store.

Google is a little different in that they have their own format for sending shipping information over so it’s tough to pull directly from what you already have set up in Magento, I would imagine that’s why they have you define it again here in the format that Google requires so there’s no confusion.

Here’s an article from the wiki that goes into the setup a bit, may help as well.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/using_google_checkout_with_magento

Hope that makes sense and good luck getting it set up.

Zach

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dossey02

Total Posts:  14

Zach,

Thanks so much for the help, solved my problem.  I changed my shipping a little while back and didn’t update the Google API tab.  No wonder we haven’t seen any Google Checkout orders lately…

Now, on to figure out how to get Google Checkout to follow my Free Shipping rules…

Thanks again,

Eric

Magento Community
Magento Community

Emily

Total Posts:  22
Atlanta

Have you had any luck with getting Google checkout to recognize your free shipping settings?  I have free shipping set for orders over $60 but that is not getting passed to Google.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community