Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[FIXED] When saving a product there is an SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation error message

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I completely agree.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Total Posts:  254

sherrie - 12 September 2008 04:09 AM

I completely agree.

But there’s nothing we can do.  I’ve not seen a response from Magento on this issue at all, apart from patronisingly telling us to change to InnoDB…

It can’t be a global Magento problem or we’d have more replies in this thread, but it’s reasonably common given the number of views it’s had.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Ours isn’t deleting anything ... but I haven’t made any changes to the db. I just can’t create new categories - which is becoming a real problem as well. I know they’ve looked at the first 2 of those bug reports - maybe if enough people comment on them to say it’s been an issue for them as well, they’ll take it seriously. I understand that fresh installs work, but when you’ve already been live because 1.0 was supposedly stable to do so with, you can’t just go off a fresh install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

sherrie - 12 September 2008 04:13 AM

Ours isn’t deleting anything ... but I haven’t made any changes to the db. I just can’t create new categories - which is becoming a real problem as well. I know they’ve looked at the first 2 of those bug reports - maybe if enough people comment on them to say it’s been an issue for them as well, they’ll take it seriously. I understand that fresh installs work, but when you’ve already been live because 1.0 was supposedly stable to do so with, you can’t just go off a fresh install.

Ours is certainly deleting half the information.  You can see the quantities in the categories list in admin, but when you click through to that category the list of products is blank.  In the database itself, there’s records for the products in question in some tables, but not in others, so the products are missing from the front end and you can’t see them in the back end, but there’s traces of them in the DB.

Bonkers.

And yeah, there’s no way I can revert to a fresh install, we’re actively trading now, and have been for just over 2 weeks.  This sort of thing on a live site, with 1.1.4 and no feedback from the manufacturers, is beyond belief.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

I posted this issue in the Technical Forum in hopes it would get more attention as the Installation forum gets cluttered so quickly.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17479/

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

To all, this applies too.

Are all your sites previous 1.0 sites that have been updated or are they clean install 1.1.x versions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Upgraded from the latest stable version of 1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

I had to completely scrap my 1.0 version of the site (days of work wasted). As I had way to many problems with the DB with templates with etc . . .

I am on 1.1.4 from a clean 1.1.2 clean install and it seems to be smooth - my 1.0.x upgrade was basically useless.

I only asked as this might narrow down where to look for debugging this issue.

I have great sympathy for you all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TemplatesMaster
Guru

Total Posts:  308
Switzerland

Thanks, this quick fix helped. I just cleared many old queries from categories tables. As far as i see EAV model doesn’t works good on constant upgrades. My store was launched with Magento 1.0. Also we have several more store that we support. Hope that we will not see this issues at this stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabrusch

Total Posts:  44
Wuerzburg, Germany

For my the problem seems to be solved with an upgrade from version 1.0.19700 to 1.1.6

I will continue to check on that

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Still having the same problem, 1.1.6 upgrade, live site.  We’ve just lost another 20 products from our live site.

Magento team: you NEED to address this CRITICAL bug!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

I’m on 1.1.6 and just experienced this for the first time today. SERIOUS ISSUE - please somebody remove [RESOLVED] from the title of the thread.
Varien - please fix this - this is not one of those “we can work around it” issues. This is one of those BIG ones.
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

@lisali - has the store in question been upgraded from 1.0 to a 1.1.x version?

I am trying to see if this issue is only affecting that type of scenario or stores that are fresh 1.1.x installs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

London, UK

Hi seudo?,

No - this is a fresh 1.1.6 install on a fresh database! Very, very strange!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

London, UK

I have commented on both those Bug reports, but it seems like nothing is happening there - and this is a serious issue.

Any updates on this?

Bug reports:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=3120
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=2848

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community