Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Price only for Registered Members, Cataloge PDF

J.o.h.a.n

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank the developers for this great open source script!

I was thinking about a feature, where only registered members can view the price of the products ->
no price given for the public -> they have to register first to buy something.

It would be also great, if it will be able to generate an auto catalogus (all products / products per main categorie) pdf file.

Could this be add in the todo list?
It would be great!

Regards, Johan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mweather

Total Posts:  33

I agree. Hiding prices and requiring registration are both fairly common in the e-commerce world.
And I’d love a pdf catalog generator. I get tons of requests for catalogs, but don’t have the time to create them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian S

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

Magento is the great hope for the opensource e-commerce community. And even for closed source people smile

The features requested by J.o.h.a.n are really cool.  The print catalog function should also have options for which fields to include. E.g: Hide price, Show Description etc.
Also generate by Id would be cool.

As an eventmanagement agency, we need to print catalogues all the time, some with prices some without. Some with our own branding and some with brandings of other agencies. Magento has great potential, and we will definately be using it when it comes out as 1.0

Keep on Varien and communitiy: Gogogo Magento!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community