Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Question with Products not showing up in multiple (sub) Catagories

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

I imported 75 products through XML.
-All products show up on the backend. I copied most of the settings over to be the same.
-64 show up on front end.
-all images successfully loaded.

Some products show up in the main category but not the sub category that I also listed them with. When I check on the backend it shows that the sub category is checked, so it should be visible in there on the front end.  Still I cant get it to show it up in the sub catagory. Other items successfully loaded to the same sub category.

Thoughts on what might be going on ?

It is enabled and in stock, and the category is anchored.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

IF I manually uncheck the category, save it, then re check it.. it works. But this will not work as a solution because I simply cant keep track between hundreds of products, which are showing up or not, with the correct boxes checked.

Some products are not listed in any category on the front end but are searchable. When I view their front end product page, the directory listing just shows home/Item.  Although on the backend, all correct categories are checked. Once again if I manually uncheck and save, and then recheck and save, they will show up correctly.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or also faced this problem? Or even a good way to keep track of this if I am forced to do things the hard way?

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Total Posts:  73

Hello

Please report this as a bug using our bug-reporting tool http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Even if I could change this feature from the Manage Products main list of all products it would be ok, I could select all, and change, and then re check all products at the same time. I think this group adjustment feature would be a great idea to add, currently you can only enable or disable from that menu. The sort options should be action options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Hello

If possible please attach the file you were trying to import to the bug report. This would make easier to check where is the problem.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Which of your products are not showing? I quickly checked and all were showing correctly (Magento 1.1)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Are you saying you received my Import_Products file and tried it, and all imported correctly to multiple main and sub categories?

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Yes, that’s true. This is an interesting case - if you can reply to the ticket with access info (admin, front-end) and list of products that are not showing, I may be able to take a look at it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Are you playing with a full deck?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

If I change general information in the description and re import products that are already in my system, it does not replace the description with the new one. It does list another duplicate copy image though?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community