Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[HELP] set_time_limit() [INSTALLATION ERROR] FREE HOSTING

Icefire

Total Posts:  4
Netherlands, the

hi,

i uploaded all magento files to the server for installation, when i go to install i get this error. icefire.exofire.net/magento

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/icefire/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 20

[0] in set_time_limit(120) in /home/icefire/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 20

[1] in include("/home/icefire/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php") in /home/icefire/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 122

[2] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Zend_Controller_Request_Http) in /home/icefire/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 164

[3] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /home/icefire/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php on line 378

[4] in Mage::run("base") in /home/icefire/public_html/magento/index.php on line 28

is there a way to fix this?

[i am using free hosting service from x10hosting.com, they have all the System Requirements that Magento needs. and are 100% free]

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Icefire,

Magento is not intended to run under php’s safe_mode. Though you can try to comment out that line (containing set_time_limit()) and continue with installation.

Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community