Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

V1.1.1 Search Error

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Hi,

Iv just installed the new stable 1.1.1 version but seem to be having trouble with the search function. Whenever I try to search for something I get this error:

Invalid method Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result::initList(Array
(

[0] => catalog/product/list.phtml
)
)

#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('initList', Array)
#1 [internal function]: Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result->initList('catalog/product...')
#2 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(322): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(198): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(190): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(194): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(279): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#7 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(216): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/controllers/ResultController.php(48): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#9 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_CatalogSearch_ResultController->indexAction()
#10 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#11 /var/www/shikara/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /var/www/shikara/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#13 /var/www/shikara/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#14 {main}

I have tried this on 2 different instals of the new version but get the same error on both.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

hmmm, I have tried it on a fresh install and it is working now so I guess it must be something wrong in the customisation that I have brought through from previouse versions of Magento.

Looks like Il have to start again on this new version

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wiseguy Digital

Total Posts:  61
Bristol, UK

medlington - 25 July 2008 06:15 AM

hmmm, I have tried it on a fresh install and it is working now so I guess it must be something wrong in the customisation that I have brought through from previouse versions of Magento.

Looks like Il have to start again on this new version

I too am getting this error. I have spent a long time building the initial website using version 1 and I have had lots of problems woth the 1.1 update. Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dcorrell

Total Posts:  21

I too am having this problem.  any input at all would severely help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

I’ve remade my template from scratch and it all seems to work now. I guess it must be something to do with the way that the old version stored the products in the database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wiseguy Digital

Total Posts:  61
Bristol, UK

Hi there,

I rebuilt all of my templates using 1.1 templates as a base. There are a lot of new amendments to the templates as they have moved some functions to helpers and also needed to implement new code for the additional areas such as bundles, and custom product options. I would say the best thing to do is try to tidy up the templates that you have and modify them based on the 1.1 versions.

Bit of a pain I know, but from my thinking it is best to run the Magento upgrades on a staging site first, debug the templates, locales, layouts and possibly local code changes. Once you are happy then run the upgrade on the production site and apply your newly fixed files.

Hope that helps smile

Jim

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

i’Ve just about finished re-templating everything for the 1.1 version but now I notice that 1.1.2 is out. Should I upgrade or am I going to get all these issues again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Yes, I am giong to get these issues again!

surely there needs to be a stable method of transfering products to a new version without having to add them all again manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community