Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

inline editing? 

Crispy5449

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I’ve been playing around with Magento for a few days and I’m really impressed and excited.  Nearly all of the issues I’ve come across, after a quick trawl of the forums, appear to have been flagged and are either on the immediate roadmap or have been posted as a feature request already, but one area that is a big negative for me at the moment is the product listing process.  I love the functionality of simple, configurable and grouped products, but the process for setting these up seems to be very long winded, and I can imagine that for my intended application (clothing store) it would get very tiresome after just a few items, setting up 4 simple items per colour for each size available, and then adding these to a configurable item.

One potential workaround for this would be to allow you to create a “template” product, from which you can create the required number of duplicates (i.e. 16 for 4 different coloured T-shirts in 4 sizes). These 16 items could then be displayed in a table similar to the manage products page, which allows inline editing of the specific attribute fields.

I think this would speed up the process immensely, and something similar on the manage products page would allow quick editing of multiple items when you need to make a small amendment (rather than having to open each item individually currently).

Crispy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

@Crispy - Thanks for the good words. We are aware that the process of creating configurable products is long. We are working on improving the process and adding a batch upload tool for products as well. Both should make the product data entry much easier.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crispy5449

Total Posts:  2

Great news, thanks for the quick reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community