Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is it possible to enter coupons at checkout? 

David Weingart

Total Posts:  5

I’m just getting started with Magento, so I might be missing something, but is there any way to display the “Enter Coupon Code” box on the one page checkout?

Right now customers can only apply coupon codes on the shopping cart page, and I think some customers wouldn’t necessarily notice it there, and expect it to be on the checkout page instead.

Thanks!

-dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fliggity

Total Posts:  1

I agree that it would be better to enter the coupon code at checkout. If someone proceeds to checkout without viewing their cart they would completely miss the spot to enter a coupon code. I use these codes for promotions frequently so I am wondering if you ever figured out a solution or got a response? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cannonballdex

Total Posts:  65

Any help on this? I agree, you need to be able to enter the code on the one page checkout. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hulaqueen

Total Posts:  19

Totally agree… I was just testing the coupon I just created and thought it really strange that on checkout I wasn’t given a place to enter my coupon. It needs to be in both places.. not having it in the checkout process is not expected at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yogendrabmishra

Total Posts:  34
Bangalore

Well, we can add coupon box in the payment checkout step where use can use coupon before paying .. but one problem is that Once you enter the code.. on checkout page it does not redirect you to shopping cart page where I believe it shows the updates of total and messages for coupon.. Here is the steps I follow to display coupon box to display on checkout payment step :

1. copied coupon xml code to checkout payment step in checkout.xml and create new file for that with same form action in case you need different design there
2. create new coupon file in checkout/cart folder
3. call the pthml file in payment step using getChildHtml.

That’s it smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMage.com

Total Posts:  74

Hi, David Weingart and all who is seeking for this feature!

New version of GoMage LightCheckout 2.0 is abaliable now! It allows discount coupons on the checkout page! includes feature of VAT verification for the Europe Union countries using VAT Information Exchange System (VIES)

Free installation for new version of GoMage LightCheckout is provided from Jan.16-Jan 31

More information about expanded features of new version find here:
GoMage LightCheckout

Magento Community
Magento Community

MindMagnet

Total Posts:  13
Cluj-Napoca

Magento doesn’t support coupons in checkout for default.

We recommend PrimeCheckout http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/customer-experience/checkout/primecheckout-7432.html which includes the coupon code in the checkout and offers a new approach to checkout with focus on usability, with optimal user experience.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magestore_1
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

One step checkout of Magestore will improve your checkout page, making customers more and more comfy: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/one-step-checkout-4908.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community