Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to import products with options? 

Iron Mike

Total Posts:  16

I’m trying to import a list of about 300 products from another store platform, and so far I’m struggling ot figure out how to get the options for these to import properly.

From what I can see, Magento requires each option to have its own product entry, SKU, etc, and then they all get “bundled” together somehow to create one main product.  If this is right, how do I tell magento to bundle these things when I’m importing, and how do I set up the different configurations for this to actually work?  All that I can see at the moment is the “attribute_set”, so I need to get that set up before I import.  So, then what about when I have multiple attributes, like size and colour? Are these able to be set up once, or do I need ot add in seperate attribute sets for every possible combination that I might have and just pray that I’ve got everything covered when I import?

So far, the importing process has been a nightmare… almost as bad as trying to figure out how to actually configure a product with attributes.  I’ve got all the product information from the old store, but I just can’t figure out how to get it to actually WORK.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Iron Mike

Total Posts:  16

Is this something that’s unknown/to hard/impossible?

Or, is this something that I’d be expected to purchase commercial support before there’s any answer one way or the other??

Magento Community
Magento Community

tshirts

Total Posts:  6

I need to know the same thing about how to import products with options. Anyone know how to do this?

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

bowers2000

Total Posts:  31

I need this too.  Is it possible to import bundled products without creating my own sql? 

I created a bundled product as an example.  Then I used the standard export to see what fields and values it would export.  In the export the bundled product shows up. But I don’t see anywhere to associate my simple products in the bundle. 

I know, for the category field for example, they will allow you to put the category number to associate a product to a category.  How do you associate a simple product to a bundle using the standard import?  I assume it would be using the SKU or SKU’s Id number, but there isn’t a field for that.

Ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community