Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

add items to cart without leaving the catalog page

scottdky

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I would like to have an ajax enabled store, where when a customer adds an item to the cart, it refreshes the minicart only via ajax, and does not interrupt the current catalog shopping page. Is this currently possible? If not, is it planned?

Thanks,
Scott

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

I’ve seen that functionality on one of the stores mentioned in the blog, but I’m guessing it was custom code ..

http://www.enter.ee/monitorid/monitor-apple-20-50-8-cm-cinema-hd-display.html
(click the green button with a + on it if you don’t speak their language .. heh)

May be a redirect through the cart, also .. not sure if its using a true Ajax request.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

You can change the setting in the Admin > Configuration > Sales > Checkout > Shopping Cart, then select ‘NO’ for ‘After adding a product redirect to shopping cart’

Magento Community
Magento Community

scottdky

Total Posts:  3

That works great - thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

solarisdreams

Total Posts:  7

That’s awesome.  But still...is there any plans for an ajax enabled minicart?  The gap.com like animated mincart (top right corner of gap.com) is an awesome little feature to have because not only does it keep the user on the page.  The animation makes the customer/user aware that the product is now in the cart and can click “checkout” at the minicart if ready to complete the trans.  Sounds lame yes...but it absolutely has value.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Otaugames

Total Posts:  101
Troyes, France

I think that Prestashop’s cart is what you are looking for. It an other open source E-commerce solution and you can try it here : http://www.prestashop.com/demo/

I don’t really know how it works on Prestashop because I’ve never look at this part of the code, but maybe that it could help you to make it working on your Magento Project.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community