Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Possible to have *optional* configurations for products instead of it being mandatory? 

rockbochs

Total Posts:  11

This seems deceptively easy, but I just cannot seem to figure out how to do it.  Basically, I’m selling a product that has options people can add for more functionality, however they are NOT required.  For example, let’s say I have a computer for sale.  They *could* add a bigger hard drive, wireless card, etc. Currently, I have made up attributes using the “dropdown” option, and added them to an attribute set.  However, Magento requires them to pick an option from the dropdowns when they add the product to their cart.  Is there a way to make it optional?  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

What you’re looking for is a Bundled Product.  You can make multiple options and provide a drop down, multi-select, checkbox, etc., and they can be optional as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rockbochs

Total Posts:  11

Thanks bmartus, I just upgraded to Magento 1.1 and found that option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

talofo

Total Posts:  35

Good day,

... But can Bundle products manage the change of the main configuration?

Let’s say for i.e that I’d like to have a PC Already with some configurations on it: RAM, HARD DRIVE, AND GRAPHICS CARD . Anyway, I want to give the user the option, not to add but actually, CHANGE that particular Graphic Card only.

Can this be done with bundle option?

Thanks
Talofo

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community