Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Auto email reminder for leaving product review and rating

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

Hi,

I wonder if there is a built in function or possible to send out an automatic email (1-2 weeks) after a purchase is receieved to a client. To remind them to leave a review and rating of the product they bought at the store.

I would also like the customer to see a list of products that they have bought that is missing a review in their account details page. Similar to how the system work on ebay, where you are asked to leave a review of the seller.

Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

That is a good idea for a new feature!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Ahh a replay,

Though a quick one it is nice to get some feedback, they are to rare in this forum. grin

Do anyone know if it would be difficult to create such an add-on?

Maybe if there is enough of us seeing the need of such a function, we could join forces and get someone to create this as an open-source add-on for Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sander

Total Posts:  232
Netherlands

Good idea for a feature. Great for getting return visits, and increasing customer activity on your shop. :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

There is a lot that can be done regarding newsletter/marketing tool & Magento.

Those intersted in this, might find it interesting to take a look at Interspire Email Marketer 5.0:

http://www.interspire.com/emailmarketer/

The functionality looks pretty impressive.

A full integration with Magento would be good, or even better - that Magento gets its own newsletter/marketing tool, with new functions such as yours Christian.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

I agree their introduction to features video, was quite impressing. .. but the price wasn’t - I vote for Open source solution grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

JenniferAslan

Total Posts:  20
Pacific Northwest

My client is also asking about this functionality. He wants an automatic email to be sent out, a set number of days after a transaction has completed, with an invitation to review the products purchased. Having a list of the items purchased with links to the product pages in the store are pretty much necessities. Has anyone got a solution yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Total Posts:  153
Leicestershire, UK

Something along these lines could be accomplished by a cron job?

You’d need to code a database lookup looking for all orders between now and (say) 3 days. This would retrieve the customer data from the order and then email them.
Then have a cron job that ran every 3 days which called this script.

That might accomplish what you’re after, without the need for any deep integration between Mage & Inspire (which is very good, btw)

Eddie

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brian315

Total Posts:  9

This is a critical marketing feature in my opinion…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Olof

Total Posts:  152

We are using this on our current Oscommerce:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5471

Tiny script that is hit daily by a Cron job.

Works perfectly, but my developer is not confident enough to port it to Magento..

Its an absolutely critical feature in my opinion..

Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

juppwatis

Total Posts:  113
Germany

Such an feature or extension would be very nice. With this the customer got reminded to your shop and will visit it again and maybe he rates the products positive so other potential customers will buy some of the products.

kind regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

nileco

Total Posts:  79
Virginia

I’ve had this feature with other systems as well and found it to be invaluable.  After awhile you end up with a really nice collection of reviews that lends credibility to your store and helps your customers make informed decisions.

I’d donate money to get this made.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vicky P

Total Posts:  93
Devon, UK

I’d like this extension too, and would also be willing to donate to its development

Magento Community
Magento Community

RickyFk

Total Posts:  165

I would be happy to donate towards the development of this add on as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Hi,

Is anybody still inerested in the review reminder functionality ? 

What features do you want to see except auto emailing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RickyFk

Total Posts:  165

Adjustware - 16 May 2009 06:39 AM

Hi,

Is anybody still inerested in the review reminder functionality ? 

What features do you want to see except auto emailing?

I am still highly interested. I envisioned that it works off the order delivery status. ie XX amount of time after the order has been delivered to the customer a follow up email is sent thanking them for their purchase and asking them if they wish to review the products and/or the service that they have purchased/received.

The following would be useful.

The ability to set the time period for the email to be sent.
The ability to customise the email to each person receiving it, or to add unique offers from time to time.
The ability to auto link to each products review page from the email automatically, so that no additional work is required.
The ability to tie in other recommended products based on the items the customer has already purchased that they may be interested in purchasing (info taken from their purchase history).
Also I am not sure if the functionality is the same, but if a customer adds a a product to their cart but doesn’t checkout it could be used to send an email say 5-10 days after reminding them about their potential purchase. Possibly tied into an email offering a 2% discount, or free shipping to entice the customer to purchase.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2