Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Allow the admin to manually change the shipping rate after customer’s order? 

OurWorldTalks

Total Posts:  60

Hi

If, do to certain situation, the shipping rate has to be updated, is it possible to manually change the shipping amount to a user specified figure?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

randomd

Total Posts:  3
Maui, HI

I’d also like to know if this is at all possible as it would be very valuable to my client.

Mahalo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Nope, once an order has been changed nothing can be changed. The closest you will ever get to being able to do that is to cancel the first order and manually recreate the entire order. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

randomd

Total Posts:  3
Maui, HI

So in toying around with the Orders area I noticed that Credit Memo has an area where you can input “Refund Shipping” as well as a couple of others.  Would it not be possible to do something similar for the Invoice page?  That way when my client has the final shipping quote he can input it as a field that would add to the total amount when he sends the invoice.  Just a thought...being a newbie, I’m not exactly sure how Magento calculates the Total for processing and how that can be manipulated (if at all).  Any further thoughts on this subject are welcome...this would solve a major hurdle for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

frostbytes

Total Posts:  114
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I’d be interested in seeing if/how this is done as well.

[L]

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

You can refund them. However, that only helps when you are adjusting the shipping rate down. I do not think there is a way to adjust the shipping rate up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

frostbytes

Total Posts:  114
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

You can refund them. However, that only helps when you are adjusting the shipping rate down. I do not think there is a way to adjust the shipping rate up.

That won’t do for one of my clients.  Because they’re shipping products that can range from very small to very large, they can’t accurately determine shipping costs until they ship.  (Often small products can be put inside of large products to save on shipping costs.)

What I need to do is modify the checkout process to denote that actual shipping costs will be determined once the order is shipped.

This is a major hurdle for me as well.  I was hoping to avoid too much customization, but I’m beginning to think that I don’t have a choice.

[L]

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Total Posts:  218

ShopGuy - 20 December 2008 12:17 PM

You should be able to add a handling charge as well.

BTW - how would you make an adjustment to reduce shipping charges?  I’ve looked at credit memos, and there is nowhere in the invoice to make a manual adjustment.  Maybe I’m missing it, but I don’t see how to do this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community