Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento Import and display external Product images? 

JayKay8875

Total Posts:  19
LA

I use a distributor that has over 22,000 products, they send me a updated product file every day.

The import/export feature works great and I can import every product, but I can’t get the images to display.
My distributor sends me URL’s to the images hosted on their servers.

So my question: is there a workaround, simple solution or reason for this issue? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

amandamcg25

Total Posts:  4

I also wanted to know this. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Product Gallery Importer lets you import products with multiple product images from a CSV file.

The CSV file containing all the products you wish to import should have a field name “gallery”. The field “gallery” should contain all the images you want to show up in the product gallery. Each image should be delimited by a semicolon: ‘;’

More instructions:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14651/

Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

JayKay8875 - 24 July 2008 06:00 AM

I use a distributor that has over 22,000 products, they send me a updated product file every day.

The import/export feature works great and I can import every product, but I can’t get the images to display.
My distributor sends me URL’s to the images hosted on their servers.

So my question: is there a workaround, simple solution or reason for this issue? Or am I just doing something wrong?

This extension works great.

External Images 2.0 by ToybananaSoft

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg_G

Total Posts:  2

Hi

“So my question: is there a workaround, simple solution or reason for this issue? Or am I just doing something wrong?”

There are lots of solutions that are available web-wide.  Here one of the good examples: http://sourceforge.net/projects/magmi/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community