Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why is Connect being so slow? 

Refugnic

Total Posts:  27
Lichtenfels

I’m trying (desperately) to get a osCommerce Database over to Magento. Now there’s this little tool available via Connect...but can it be right? It takes about 5 minutes or something merely to bring up the ‘Enter Keyphrase’ window. Left alone until the actual installation starts. I doesn’t even matter whether I go there from the login screen or the ‘Preferences’ page.

And when I hit install it takes another eternity, until the screen displays any activity.

Is there a particular reason why that is happening?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Total Posts:  27
Lichtenfels

It seems I must apologize. After trying it again from a different location Magento Connect did work in reasonable response times. I assume it was merely a networking issue. If one of the administrators reads this thread, feel free to drop it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community