Magento Forum

How to upload webpages with magento? 

Darren_Tan

Total Posts:  5

Dear everyone,

I have no experience in web page. However, I wanted to create an ecommerce website and happened to know of magento. I had already downloaded magento and signed up a webserver with simplehelix. I would like to see how it looks like in the webpage but how can I upload files to my webserver and what files must I upload? Do I required to use any dreamweaver or frontpage software when I already had magento?? Thank you in advance..

Darren

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

punkstar

Total Posts:  27
Bath, UK

Once Magento is installed then you can see what your store looks like by navigating to the directory under which you installed Magento (this was all set by you when you were installing it).

To add custom pages to your Magento installation (such as FAQ, About Us, etc) then you navigate to your administration area.  In the admin area you select “CMS” then “Manage Pages”.

Take a look at that, maybe then you can repost any issues that you have remaining.

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren_Tan

Total Posts:  5

So I do not required frontpage or dreamweaver to create my webpages when I had magento? What type of files must I select to upload into my web server??

Magento Community
Magento Community

punkstar

Total Posts:  27
Bath, UK

You don’t do any uploading, all of the page creation, editing and deleting is done via the administration area.

You can create your web pages in frontpage, dreamweaver, etc and then you copy and paste them into the content box when creating a page.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community