Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Zero Subtotal Checkout

RichardX

Total Posts:  17

My client wants to be able to offer their catalogue without prices so customers order items without paying for them - they would then get a quote back for the total which would then be settled by invoice. 

The Zero Subtotal Checkout feature suggests this is possible - however after enabling it in the configuration it is not presented as an option on the checkout page (part 4. Payment).

Am I missing something or is this an issue?
Anyone have any experience of this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

same issue for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

@ RichardX
I found a detour how to make it but not this is not perfect.
I also didnt understand The Zero Subtotal Checkout feature and i tried another way:

1. disable The Zero Subtotal Checkout feature
2. enable “Checks and Money Orders” and rename the TITLE to something like “click for continue to see your product list ....” or whatever.

actually you have to modify some words in translation (In-Line Translations tool) and email templates to fit this process to your needs.

now, my issue is how to remove the quantity option because my site should fit to real estate needs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris.fuller

Total Posts:  2

Would there be a way to somehow use this to get half the total instead of zero?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elzo Valugi

Total Posts:  28

this issue is still present. I created a zero product, a giveaway and Zero Subtotal Checkout is enabled but it is not appearing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elzo Valugi

Total Posts:  28

Well it seams that you have to enable free shipping as well as to create a zero product in order th activate Zero Subtotal Checkout.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community