Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing from OSCommerce

Refugnic

Total Posts:  27
Lichtenfels

Alright, where to start...well, from the beginning I suppose. I tried installing Magento. No bigger problems so far. However when I tried importing from an existing osCommerce Database, I ran across a fatal error I don’t quite understand.

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘magento.languages’ doesn’t exist

When I searched around, it occured to me, that sometimes table files are not being created. (Or something like that).

Does anyone know, what might cause this problem? (And more importantly how I can fix it?)

After all one doesn’t want to import all those data sets by hand, right?

Ah yeah, almost forgot. I’m using Apache2 on debian etch and the version 1.0.19870.4 (at least it says so on the file)

Oh and...I know it’s a beta feature and you never guaranteed it will work.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

whitewing

Total Posts:  23
Stuggi, Germany

same problem.
virtual host at strato.

any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Lichtenfels

Okay, ever since the new version (1.1) was released, the conversion works. Well, sort of. It doesn’t bring over the names. Is anyone else having that problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Lichtenfels

This is really peculiar. (Hence the extra Post). I am having two identical installations on two different Computers. One of them is a MAC with MAMP on it and the other one is a Linux Server. When connecting using Magento Connect, it takes forever on the Linux Server. And after it is finally done (can take up to 30 Minutes+), the OSCommerce Converter refuses to work. It gives me the old message that’s up there.

Would anyone be as kind as to tell me why that is?

Magento Community
Magento Community

whitewing

Total Posts:  23
Stuggi, Germany

hi,

what is the linux system?
problem appears on an ubuntu-webserver, but works fine with xampp on a ubuntu desktop.
who is your webhost?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Lichtenfels

It is a Debian Linux Server. The Server is ‘local’ in the LAN. It seems there’s an issue with the native Apache2, that isn’t present with the Apache of XAMPP.

Quite odd, isn’t it? Furthermore...did the names (in the local XAMPP version) get transferred?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Lichtenfels

I...sort of solved the problem. It only worked on a local computer though. Server didn’t like it. But I was able to transfer the stuff from the local machine to the remote server.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/12289/

You’ll find the steps I took in there. But as I said...I solved the problem...sort of.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community