Magento Forum

Backend - 2 blank pages on System > Magento Connect > Manage and Package Extensions

Kiwii

Total Posts:  14
Besançon

Hi everybody !

I have 2 blank pages when I go on theses pages Manage Extensions and Package Extensions.
/magento/index.php/admin/extensions_local/
/magento/index.php/admin/extensions_custom/

I don’t know what it’s happen.....
Anyone could help please ?

Thank you so much.

ver 1.0.19870.4

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

boardwalk

Total Posts:  23
Cornwall, UK

Hi I also have the same problem, with if I go to magento connect in the admin it gives me a blank page. In the error log I had a error which told me it could not find some includes.

[Mon Jul 28 11:35:01 2008] [error] [client 84.92.213.55] PHP Warning:  include_once() [<a href=’function.include’>function.include</a>]: Failed opening ‘Maged/Exception.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/usr/local/lib/php’) in /myurl/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php on line 23, referer: https://myurl/index.php/admin/dashboard/

It appeared that the directory ref was not correct as the files to be included were in the same directory as the Controller.php . So I changed it to the correct without Maged.
The Magento Connect page then appears however it is still not quite correct and now I have different errors !

If I work it out I will post here.

James

Boardwalk Surf Shop

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kiwii

Besançon

Hi James!
I upgraded the version to the 1.1 and almost all was ok (permissions for the downloader).

Magento Community
Magento Community

boardwalk

Total Posts:  23
Cornwall, UK

Hi,

How did you do the update did you do a fresh install? I am tempted to try that as getting bored with command line updates smile

I just did a complete install of 1.1.1 from command line and unfortunatly it still gives me a blank page for manage extensions. Although I can use the url admin/extensions_remote/ which I could before in the error log i still have pathing issurs?

How did you resolve the problem?

cheers

James

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kiwii

Besançon

Hi !

I removed all the files and uploaded new files of the 1.1.1. Actually, everything is ok.
Finally i proceed with a ssh command for the good permissions in order to access to the downloader directory and to manage magento connect:

SSH:
chmod -R o+w magento

Regards

boardwalk - 28 July 2008 03:45 AM

Hi,

How did you do the update did you do a fresh install? I am tempted to try that as getting bored with command line updates smile

I just did a complete install of 1.1.1 from command line and unfortunatly it still gives me a blank page for manage extensions. Although I can use the url admin/extensions_remote/ which I could before in the error log i still have pathing issurs?

How did you resolve the problem?

cheers

James

Magento Community
Magento Community

duke

Total Posts:  16

It was just file permissions for me

What’s with Magento and the file permissions anyway?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

i think problem is Varien trying to satisfy both mod_php users and php suExec users

they should just release two separate packages for them.

FYI

mod_php requires you to chmod

suExec does not require you to chmod anything as all files give you full permissions as it runs as owner/user.

but problem arises when magento tries to chmod 777 on suExec environments, in which case could throw out an error (depending on server setup)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rico_Neitzel
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  857
Würzburg, Germany

hi,

i have this issue on version 1.1.6.... any ideas what happens??? i use a managed server but i’m unable to active php-error-output, so it leaves a blank page instead of an error....

:(

thx for suggestions…
rico

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community