Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom module not showing up in Magento 1.4

okdl

Total Posts:  3

Hi, does anyone have experience with magento custom module in v1.4?  I have the SEO module Yoast Filter (http://yoast.com/landing-pages-module-magento/) working great in Magento 1.3, but when I moved to a new server with a fresh v1.4 install, I can’t get the module to install again - it won’t even show up in the admin page (system -> configuration -> advanced ).  Their bundled module, Phonenix_MoneyBrooker was the only 3rd party module showing up on the admin advanced configuration page.

Did magento changed the way the plugin is installed?  I saw some suggested to add an admin.xml file to the /etc folder, but the Yoast Filter is a front end module and I’m not sure if that’s relevant.

Thank you for your time in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

davi4mage

Total Posts:  11

In Magento 1.4 you have to set adminhtml configuration into the new file <my module>/etc/adminhtml.xml instead of config.xml file.

The content of adminhtml.xml file will be:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
<acl>
<resources>
<admin>
<admin>
</resources>
</acl>
</config>

This works for me.
Bye