Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

customize pager. need help

nekosan

Total Posts:  32

Hello,

Here’s what i want to do. I want to customize the pager used in the product list view. I know that is not hard, but here’s my question.
I want to have the pager appear on a custom part of the site. For the moment the pager is a part of the product.list.toolbar block
I want the pager to be a distinct block, that I can refer to in my page.xml file. This way I could place the pager anywhere I’d like on the page (when I’m on the product list page).

I tried creating a separate block for it, and it is referenced, the thing is that I need to parse also the objects from the list (the records from the database)

$_productCollection=$this->getLoadedProductCollection()

since $this is null in my case, it won’t work…

Here is what I use in page.xml

<block type="core/text_list" name="pager" as="pager"/>
and what I have in catalog.xml, on
<catalog_category_default>
:
<reference name="pager">
     <
block type="catalog/product_list" name="pager.scroll" template="page/html/pager.phtml" />
</
reference>

As I’ve understood, the block type part points to the module. So I’m assuming the code for the Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List class is executed. And I’m assuming this class must call on the product model class, in order to fetch the fields from the database. But I guess it doesn’t do anything, since I get an empty object.
Call to a member function getProductCollection() on a non-object in

Anyone tried this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nekosan

Total Posts:  32

any idea?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community