Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect - Allowed memory size exhausted

Daworm

Total Posts:  14

Did not download optional dependenciespear/XML_RPC, use --alldeps to download automatically
pear
/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/XML_RPC" (version >= 1.4.0)
downloading Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern-1.0.19871.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern-1.0.19871.tgz (453,582 bytes)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
done453,582 bytes
downloading Mage_Core_Modules
-1.0.19870.4.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Core_Modules-1.0.19870.4.tgz (958,687 bytes)
done958,687 bytes

Fatal error
Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytesin /home/-------------/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2.php on line 732

Ok - I’ve had a quick poke in other threads and various places, but I cannot seem to get the downloader to work. Just trying to grab the Modern Theme so I can try and play around with it’s look and feel. Do I need to edit this v2.php file and increase the size allowed? Or am I missing something else?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Daworm

Talking to someone else as they try to debug a similar issue (not 100% sure what though) and as I’m running suphp, they think that might be causing the install to break ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daworm

Thoughts ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community