Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do you add static products on the home page with custom styling? 

Simoned

Total Posts:  5

Hey All,

I searched throughout the many resources and I don’t believe I found what I was looking for, so here goes:

First question:
I’m using Magento as a store system, but not in the conventional sense it’s meant for. All I need to sell is 3 products (2 physical products and a 3rd product which is simply a special deal of the 1st product).
How would I go about adding these 3 products on the home page (see question 2), so when the customer hits the “buy now” button, it leads them right to the order form?

note: I’m thinking the answer is “simple products,” if that’s all there is to it, the second question becomes all that much important to me…

Second Question:
What is the code convention of adding products on the home page with custom styling of the product title, an image, regular description and a custom “buy now” button?
For a visual of my current work in progress: Usmile.ca
As you can see in the link, there’s a “Whitening Kit” and a “Couples Kit” on the home page.
What I’m looking to do with those two product layouts is to code in and style the following:

Whitening KIt
------------------------------------------------------------
<product title>
<product image>
<product description>
<’buy now’ button, leading directly to purchase form>

Couples Kit
------------------------------------------------------------
<product title>
<product image>
<product description>
<’buy now’ button, leading directly to purchase form with a default quantity of “2” @ special price>

So far the main page has been completely styled in its Content pane.

If someone can push me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Simoned

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community