Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Soft Launch

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

Soft Launch

Eco Friendly Fashion Apparel

In depth seasonal design coming soon.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Nice and clean with lots of whitespace. I’ve always liked that design style.

Question though, the color chart, am I supposed to be able to click on anything in there? Or is it just supposed to show me the colors? Perhaps a good idea to change the cursor to a default arrow. I kept trying to click and even opened up a different browser thinking it maybe didn’t work in my primary (Opera). Just a bit awkward usability-wise.

Nice use of a serif font as well. Would like to see a sans-serif thrown in though to draw the eye a bit more, like on headings, e.g. the My Cart and Compare Products boxes, or the Product Description, Additional Information, and other headings on a product page. Just a thought.

One thing really bugs me, the keyword spam on the bottom. You have a message there, but it’s lost. Could be condensed down to:

Welcome to the official company owned Web site for Of The Earth, designers and manufacturers of organic, sustainable and green clothing lines, for women, men, children and accessories.

Also, the dropdown items for the primary navigation, was the lowercase setting for category items vs. the mixed case under the Culture and the Company done on purpose? For example, Production, Our Fabrics, and Foundation are capitalized, but wallets, bags, purses, and hats are not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sprout Collective

Total Posts:  64
Portland, OR / Orange County, CA

Nice work.  I agree with Crucial in the keyword spam; condense it a bit, throw some links in there, and color it readable.  Otherwise, it looks a little shady.

I’d like to see what you do with the category layouts.  The default styles don’t work as well as they could with what you’re doing (something we’re trying to devote time to, as well).  Overall, you’re definitely headed in the right direction.

- Cliff

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

Hey… thanks for the comments/feedback for sure. Yes this is a work in progress and a lot will be changing as we move forward. Needed to get something clean up for the Soft Launch.

The color chart is just to show color. Not clickable at all.

For the footer once all the sections are complete etc. we’ll be adding in links etc. into that paragraph.

Thanks again for the feedback. Looking forward to making it even better than it is now.

Best,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community