Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Big Problem - Add New Attribute Set gives 500 Internal Server Error

Shane

Total Posts:  6

I am having trouble adding a new attribute set. Currently I have 12 attributes sets. When I add a new one, the page spins for a while and then I get a 500 Internal Server Error. The new attribute set is created, but when I look at the new set, I only have the General folder under Groups and nothing else. There are only a 6 or so attributes listed under the General folder.

This seems to have gotten progressively worse. I first noticed a problem when I tried to add a new product using a new attribute set I had created. When I clicked on the images tab, I had no option to add images. There was only a blank section. When I checked the attribute set, I noticed it was missing one standard folder under the Groups in the set, as well as missing some system attributes under the Images folder.

Now when I try to add a new attribute set, all I get is a 500 Internal Server Error. Looking at the new attribute set that is created, I see that under the Groups section there is only the General Folder and 6 attributes under that folder. I am missing the Prices, Meta, Images and Design folders and all the associated system attributes as well as system attributes listed under Groups.

However, I do see all the missing system attributes in the unassigned attributes but they don’t have the system attribute identifier(little red circle with white line going thru). I can manually add these system attributes, but it only saves them one at a time and gives me a “Unable to complete request. Please try again later.” popup window after I click “Save Attribute Set”. Once I manually add the missing sytem attributes and save, they do show they system attribute mark.

My client is stuck right now because they can’t add new attribute sets for some of their manufacturers. I couldn’t find anything like this in the forums. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Shane

Could this have to do with max_execution_time...meaning the execution time is taking so long that only a few of the attributes are being added to the attribute set?

Mine is set to 30 seconds I believe. Why would it take so long to execute this?

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shane

I fixed this by changing the max_execution_time to 0 in the .htaccess file in the magento install directory. This means that there is no time limit set on execution time. I didn’t really want to do this, but as the magento scripts seem to be all over the place in terms of execution time, I had no choice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexander burtsev

Total Posts:  1

I have the same problem, even after setting max execution time to 0 - only one of 10 attempts of creation Attributer set is successful.
Have you find another solution?

Alexander Burtsev

Magento Community
Magento Community

OSkl

Total Posts:  3

I have the same problem.  I end up with a partially populated Attribute Set too.

The first time I created an Attribute Set it worked fine, now it won’t work properly at all.

As I am at the beginning of setting up my site, my hands are tied until I can get this working.

setting .htaccess with a value of 0 only offering a 1/10 chance doesn’t seem to be the answer.

Any other fixes?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community