Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal subscriptions

Caesar

Total Posts:  6

Can Magento handle selling subscriptions to certain services processed using the PayPal subscription system?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This feature is not available out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Caesar

But it is possible? Is there an addon or something I can implement. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

This is something that I’ll be very interested in. I’d like to create a cart and be able to sell it on subscription.

So let say the customer wants to buy “multivitamins” and “omega 3-6-9”. And I want the customer to be pushed the possibility of a subscription on these products like. “Subscribe for these products and save 20%”.

I want them to see this as a possibility on the product page, aswell as being promted at the shipping stage.

ANyone have any plans of adding this feature? I’m willing to skip in some money for this to be an open-source add-on/module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Caesar

Christian_Norway - 23 July 2008 02:02 AM

This is something that I’ll be very interested in. I’d like to create a cart and be able to sell it on subscription.

So let say the customer wants to buy “multivitamins” and “omega 3-6-9”. And I want the customer to be pushed the possibility of a subscription on these products like. “Subscribe for these products and save 20%”.

I want them to see this as a possibility on the product page, aswell as being promted at the shipping stage.

ANyone have any plans of adding this feature? I’m willing to skip in some money for this to be an open-source add-on/module.

Exactly what I am after, but not selling vitamins. I hear thats a good business though. But yes, this needs to happen. Im looking at other carts as well, I will PM you if I come across something and would appreciate if you did the same for me.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Subscription management, which is what you are talking about, is currently on the roadmap - http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nico5

Total Posts:  214
France

Ho adimagento,

Is there a release date for the Subscription management feature ?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ramsay

Total Posts:  3

adimagento - 23 July 2008 07:29 PM

Subscription management, which is what you are talking about, is currently on the roadmap - http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap.

Adi is there any rough time when this feature will be ready is there a beta version with it already implemented?

Is there another solution we could use in the mean time while its being developed?

I read on one thread on the forums - that it is possible to integrate aMember with their Magento plugin to achieve Subscription Products - is this possible? If so is this a good solution and are there any other solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frederik Krautwald

Total Posts:  58
Reykjavík, Iceland

Looks like this has been on the way for a year now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdeelstra

Total Posts:  14

Iam also in need for such a integration:
paypal subscription
Worldpay futurepay integration

Iam new too magento and wnat to migrate an old oscommeerceshop to magento but I need subscription management for that.

Since august 2008 it is in the roadmap? Any idea when this will be in?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community