Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Edited Transactional Emails do not send. They send, but not the updated version. *[SOLVED]*

eliteeternity

Total Posts:  74

EDIT: The transactional emails send, except they send with the default text even after I have manually updated the text. Very frustrating.

I edited the default template’s Transactional Email templates - simple edits such as email change and stuff like that. Just text, no code. I saved the templates. I went to create a new account, now none of the “new account” emails are sent or anything. The only emails that are sent are templates that I did not edit and save. The email that still sends is the “Subscription success” email cause I didn’t edit it. Does anybody have any idea why the heck this is happening?
Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

"My Mind is telling me no, but my body, my body’s tellin’ me yesss....Ohhh There aint nothin’ wrong, with a little bump’n grind.” *singing sensually in hopes of getting his post answered*

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrn

Total Posts:  33

Hello,

first of all, check if your web server can still read the file (permission).

If that is confirmed, then there must be an error in your code.

If you are not using debugger (and you should use it), simply comment out every php line in your template, and see if it’s getting sent.
If it doesnt, then thr problem is not within template. You should start looking elsewhere.

If html only template works, now uncomment a small part of the php in that template (keeping it semantically ok), and recheck.
To so as long as it stops being send. Now, last uncommented part, is source of the problem.
You can narrow it down using similar technique.

Look for typos, like missing semicolon, bracket, or misspelled variable name. If all of those is ok, then you probably use objects badly. Ie. calling non exisitng method, or using empty variable as an object.

best regards
Piotr N

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

Ok, thanks for the help. Now the emails send, they just don’t send any of my updated changes. I changed the default messages, but the old messages are sent. I don’t know how this could be possible, but that’s what it’s doing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

*SOLVED!*

Noob solution:
You have to select the template in your system > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration > New Account email. This MUST BE SPECIFIED! PM me with questions. It’s really simple, but vital.

The reason it was sending the default template instead of the updated, customized template is because if no template is specified under Customer configuration, it sends the default - even if there is no default template made. It pulls it out of the database or something.

WOOOOT! This was a huge relief for me. Let me know if this helped you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community