Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shouldn’t there be an “add to cart” button on the actual product page? Am I missing the boat? 

eliteeternity

Total Posts:  74

Please see the attached screenshot.
I swear there should be an add to cart button on this page.

Image Attachments
wtf.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Vofka

Total Posts:  30

Go to your admin panel, then Catalog->inventory

check values: Stock Availability and Qty

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

See attached screenshot. Those values are all correct.
It’s the same problem for all of my store items: http://216.240.129.122/ (temporary store)

Image Attachments
wtf2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

What Magento version is this ?
If you got 1.1 Beta through Magento Connected - that’s a know issue there. You can either search the forum for the solution or to update to the latest 1.1 Beta through SVN.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

Well, I had simple helix install magento for me and apparently they installed Magento ver. 1.1.0 (thats the beta? right?). It kinda pisses me off cause I would have had them install the stable version if I knew they were going to install the beta. Can you provide instructions on how to “update to the latest 1.1 Beta through SVN”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

I upgraded my magento cart to the newest stable release 1.1.1 and this issue has been resolved....thanks magento. I love you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dabingham

Total Posts:  3

Upgraded to 1.1.3 and I still don’t have any add to cart buttons on the product page.  ‘In Stock’ and Qty are correct.  Any idea’s…

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

It depends on what you’ve configured. It checks if the product is saleable and if not, no button. So if you imported products and indicate they have required options, but didn’t put the options in, you get no button. Or maybe if you made a configurable product, and the simple product has options...?

My advice is to check through your catalog setup for reasons why the products would not be saleable.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrbaker

Total Posts:  3

I spent several days banging my head on the laptop trying to figure this out after updating my theme to 1.1.4.  One other thing to remember, after you’ve loaded in all those updated files from the default theme or have done it manually: empty the folders from /var/cache. Clearing the cache in the browser is not enough, since updating the theme involves the .xml files, not just .phtml, css and js files.

My quantities were right, no custom options on any products, but no add to cart button.  Clear out that cache folder: add to cart button returned.  Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community