Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A minute before I give up

didily

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I am a webmaster but not a php programmer.
I looked around for a good online store and thought that Magento will be great.
I got other people to install the Magento store and I am trying to start setting up the catalog.
I have searched the forums for solutions but they didn’t help.
It seems to me that Magento is full of bugs and may suite the proffessional programmers that know how to fix these bugs.
I have encountered many problems and I am about to look for another solution for my client.
I am really fustrated. Maybe someone can help me.

1) I played around the admin and created multiple websites and stores which I don’t want and I don’t know how to delete.
there is no delete button even in the edit mode. How do I start over from scratch? How do I start with a clean Database?

2) I created a few categories but they don’t show up in the front end.

3) How do I change the Logo and the colors of the website?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Demin Yin

Total Posts:  4
Las Vegas

1) I played around the admin and created multiple websites and stores which I don’t want and I don’t know how to delete.
there is no delete button even in the edit mode. How do I start over from scratch? How do I start with a clean Database?

A: You should be able to delete stores. In backend: System -> Manage Stores -> Click on a Store Name (not Website Name or Store View Name) -> click ‘Delete store’ button. You may also be able to delete websites as well (I didn’t try it). Please note I’m using v1.1 beta.

2) I created a few categories but they don’t show up in the front end.

A: You’d better take a look at some screencasts at http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts . Those screencasts are very helpful guiding you setting up your online store.

3) How do I change the Logo and the colors of the website?

A: You can check the URI of the default logo, which is something like http://magento.dy/skin/frontend/default/default/images/logo.gif. It’s very easy to locate the logo file on the server from this URI. For colors, you can get those CSS file location by viewing HTML source code. You may not be able to do it by yourself if you don’t know HTML well enough.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community