Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Zencart Inventory Export to Magento Import

spatel

Total Posts:  3
New York

Ok, so after about 4 months of playing with Magento I’m finally ready to go live...I have a few concerns prior to launching.

I have a current live site on Zencart with a inventory upload program made by a third party developer (Easy Populate 1.2.5.4). I no longer have contact with the developer but the program generates a inventory file for editing in a generic TXT format. I would like to export the file (TXT) and import the entire catalog including categories into Magento. I have the images on a DVD and can upload via FTP to a image folder for Magento. Any ideas on how I can do this? I know Magento is not as easy as Zencart, so any detailed help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sahil

Attached you will find the sample TXT file, open it in excel to get a better view.

File Attachments
Full-EP2008Jul21-1705.txt  (File Size: 50KB - Downloads: 1088)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NDN GURU

Total Posts:  1
Fullerton, CA

Did you figure out how?  I am looking to do the same thing.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community