Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Undesireable Number formatting - Strange Import Behavoir

roco

Total Posts:  191

I just started having a strange issue with my “item number” and “url_key” attributes.  When importing these numbers from a XML excel 2003 file or a csv file (attached), I am getting arbitrary decimal and exponential values for these two attributes.  I can verify the CSV is accurate going into the import. 

Attached are Pictures of:

1. The CSV portion of the import containing the “item number” (highlighted
2. The Front End after the import
3. The Backend Product Data after the import
4.  The Attribute settings after the import

Is this a known bug?  Is there a fix?  Any ideas would be appreciated…

Image Attachments
csv.pngMage.pngAttribute in Config Panel.pngAttribute in Config Panel 2.pngAdmin.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

This was a weird one.  I resolved it by re-uploading catalog...............not fun but necessary.  Don’t know what happened.  Appears to be resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sander

Total Posts:  232
Netherlands

Hi Roco,

What do you mean with “re-uploading” catalog? I’m running into the same kind of problems just now…

Thanks,
Sander

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community