Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

On product import

tapebrothers

Total Posts:  96

On product import how do i get it to take large product description?

When i import my products if the description is to long a get an error message, but if i take my product description down to around 250 characters and then upload it works fine.

Is there any way to fix this so i don’t have to edit each product in the admin?

Thank you shock

Error Message
“ <pre>Notice: unserialize() [<a href=’function.unserialize’>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 834 of 1440 bytes in /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Batch/Abstract.php on line 53 #0 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Batch/Abstract.php(53): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘unserialize() [...’, ‘/chroot/home/ca...’, 53, Array) #1 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/Convert/ProfileController.php(233): Mage_Dataflow_Model_Batch_Abstract->getBatchData(’a:38:{s:5:"stor...’) #2 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Adminhtml_System_Convert_ProfileController->batchRunAction() #3 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(148): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch() #4 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(’batchRun’) #5 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #6 /chroot/home/camoduct/camoducttape.com/html/index.php(46): Mage::run() #7 {main}</pre>”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mike222

Total Posts:  41
Austria

I do not think it is a matter of length grin

Your error message seems to occur somewhere at position 8xx. I personally had a similar errormessage, but the problem was the used character set.

The import is done with utf8 so check your csv-file for characters which are not valid in utf8.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community