Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Uploading images

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

Just a simple idea, when uploading images for products it would be nice to let people know what size the thumbnail, small image and main image are by default, so it reads something like:

Thumbnail (50x50)
Small image (120x120)
Main image (240x240)

At present I’ve no idea what sizes these images are supposed to be, I can’t find an easy way to find the sizes out, and I’m sure it would make adding new products a lot easier for people who have not spent a long time with Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WisdOMbooks

Total Posts:  144
Kolkata (Calcutta) - INDIA

j.morell - 31 October 2007 06:31 AM

… when uploading images for products it would be nice to know what size the thumbnail, small image and main image are by default, something like:
Thumbnail (50x50)
Small image (120x120)
Main image (240x240)

YES! Also the image weight could be very useful to know,
BEFORE downloading, like this:
Thumbnail (50x50 12Kb)
Small image (120x120 128Kb)
Main image (240x240 1.4Mb)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

Great idea!  I always right-click, open image in new tab, right-click, properties, to remember the size if it’s been a while.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pepe

Total Posts:  95
Germany / Mülheim a.d. Ruhr

Could be a “quick and dirty workarround”, to put this into the lang-files???

EDIT:
I tried it myselve during translating into German lang… but no reaction in the backend :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

pepe - 02 November 2007 12:33 AM

Could be a “quick and dirty workarround”, to put this into the lang-files???

Hi pepe,

I don’t see any way to use lang files for this ‘cause product images will have different sizes, so you cannot just write the same size for all of them.

That functionality requires some extra coding. We’ll improve a lot on image handling in Magento, so I think it will be much more easier to get the image filesize in following releases.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community